Week 9 - Sound Poetry
Okay, Let's Warm Up For four years I spent my days in the theatre and the choir room And there are things that we did every day Things that sometimes took up a full hour of my time And these are things that one begins to resent after a while For me, particularly, I hated those circle games that relied on rhythm The games where someone started snapping and I had to E-n-u-n-c-i-a-t-e And I had to say, In unison with 40 other people, “If I had been so lucky as to have a steady brother who could talk to me as we are”- I won’t do it all, it’s way too long. I hated those focus games like pass the clap where I had to look someone in the eyes and *pause* *clap* And don’t get me started on P T K F SH, the only vocal warm up where you needed a rain poncho for. The worst ones were the tongue twisters The red leather yellow leather blue leather green leather The unique New Yorks The mommy made me mash my m&m’s And then there was the solfege practice ...

Comments
Post a Comment